Monday, May 4, 2009

Hacking ( cannot enter my hi5 account)?

I had written a question regarding my hi5 account. I got a response from someone who was partially right. However, she is wrong to say it is not a case of hacking. I have an account that I cannot access. I did not delete my account. I login to hi5 3-4 times a week. I have not had problems since joining hi5 months ago. However, on Sept 22/07 when trying to login, it said " incorrect password, or email address" I tried "forgot password" and when I typed in my email address it said there are no members registered under that email address". I did not change my email address, so, someone else must have.


Has anyone encountered this problem? And if so, were they able to resolve it? I am becoming very discouraged.


I am at the stage where I just want to delete the account and be done with it. But how to delete when I cannot gain access to my own account?

Hacking ( cannot enter my hi5 account)?
Hi5 did have a problem with 'phishing' which they wrote about in their blog, here is an excerpt from it:





Stopping Phishing Attacks


By Paul Lindner on July 16, 2007 11:08 AM


Recently we shutdown several malicious "Phishing Sites" which attempted to steal Hi5 passwords. Here's some background on how we dealt with this problem:





Problem was reported, we found that there was a site containing a fake Hi5 home page.


We immediately reported the site to all the Phishing clearinghouses.


We found that the phisher was using a Dynamic DNS service. We contacted their customer service which shut down access.


Then we contacted the web hosting company in Malaysia.


The web site was shut down.


Details about the identity of the perpetrators was supplied to the appropriate authorities.





You can protect yourself from Phishing attacks by following a few simple steps:





Use a current browser.


When we find evidence of a phishing site we report it immediately.


Pay attention to your browser bar. Insure that the URL starts with http://www.hi5.com before entering your password.





You can contact hi5 via:


Phone: 1-415-404-6094


Fax: 1-415-704-3482





Hope you get it worked out, you may have to sign up again.


steadfast 1 %26lt;%26gt;%26lt;
Reply:Hi,


Anyone who has problems with hi5, the best way to resolve your problem is to contact hi5. Phone: 1-415-404-6094 or Fax: 1-415-704-3482. They will get back to you promptly.


And thank you to Steadfast One for your help. Report It



1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm having the same problem right now! Since friday, and I've sended a email to hi5 support. But I live in Europe, so I don't think I'll call that number. That was the only why to solve the problem? Calling them?

    ReplyDelete